I adhere to the Society for Editors and Proofreaders’ Code of Practice in order to assure you of an excellent service.
I work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends. I may be able to complete work at short notice but I may charge a higher fee for it.
I can help with
- Proofreading – I will correct errors of spelling, punctuation, grammar, consistency and formatting, all in accordance with your brief. I will query odd content or matters needing attention.
- Copyediting – I will correct errors and edit your text to improve the clarity and flow, in accordance with your requirements and preferred style. However, the work and the voice will remain yours.
- Anglicisation/re-writing of non-native written English (UK English only).
- Writing – I will provide copy according to your requirements. This service is only available for writing related to my knowledge areas, particularly for wildlife, nature and countryside topics.
- Fact checking.
I can proofread on paper using BSI proof correction symbols.
I can work digitally in Microsoft Word using Track Changes, or in PDF using Adobe Acrobat Reader to annotate corrections and suggestions digitally.
If you think I can provide the service you need, contact me by email and provide a brief description of what you need including:
- Your name and contact details
- What sort of project it is (nonfiction book, journal paper)
- Number of words
- What you need to be done
- Your timescales and deadline
I will respond with any queries I have, and give you an initial indication of whether I can help and my availability. I will ask for a sample of one or more chapters or sections of your work that are at least 5% of the total word count. This will enable me to assess the time needed to complete the work and the estimated cost.
- I will respect your work and take care to keep it secure and confidential.
- I will use all of my skills and experience to deliver high quality work and the results you expect. I cannot guarantee perfection but I will try to achieve it.
- Notwithstanding circumstances beyond my control, I will return your project on time, fully completed. Should circumstances arise that are beyond my control, I will contact you at the earliest moment to discuss a course of action.
Please see my Terms & conditions for further information.
If you are a student, please see my Services for students page for further information.